Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Fav Fall Meal!

As the days begin to get cooler and shorter, I tend to gravitate towards warm soup-like meals. Today was our first nabe of the fall/winter!

Nabe is basically a hotpot with soup, vegetables, and possibly meat or fish. We decided to enjoy the fruits of fall, in this case mushrooms. I included 舞茸 (Maitake)、椎茸 (Shiitake)、しめじ (Shimeji) and エリンギ (Eringi) mushrooms. The only other vegetables were 水菜 (Mizuna), carrot, and green onion. I used my cutters to cut out carrot leaves and some bears. We love chicken meatballs. Sometimes I make them at home, but I picked them up from the store. There are a lot of ready-made soup packs available now and it really helps with the cooking/prep time.

After done eating, we add rice to the leftover soup and enjoy 雑炊 (Zousui). A yummy dinner had by Hide and I. What food do you enjoy when the weather starts to get cooler?

きのこ鍋用スープ - Soup for Mushroom Nabe  
生つくね - Raw Chicken Meatballs
3割引 - 30% Off (Yay!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment