Sunday, September 15, 2013

A New Way of Eating

It is going to take a lot of adjustment to get used to my new diet. The main thing is no carbs and no sugar. Instead I can have high protein and lots of vegetables. I am going to have to get creative with my cooking.
Last night, I had my first meal. I made chicken balls and added nira, mushrooms, and bean sprouts.  The soup base is made from boullion cubes.  I also steamed spinach and added salmon flakes on top. I put a little bit of soya sauce on this before eating. The last sidedish was some celery and yellow pepper cut up and fried with a little bit of sesame oil and Mrs. Dash lemon and pepper no-salt spice.  As soon as I started eating this I immediately began thinking about what to eat tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Update:  I received an email back from my instructor on my first meal. I translated each line for you.
 
アスパラ、ズッキーニはOKですよ。  Asparagus and zuccini are okay!   (I wasn't sure...)
アスパラは食物繊維も比較的多めなので、オススメです。 
Asparagus is a good source of fibre, so I recommend it!
お食事も問題ないですね。  No problem with you meal!
先日も言った通り、パプリカは一日半分ですのでよろしくお願いしますね:-) 
As I told you yesterday, you can have half a yellow pepper a day. 

残り半日、頑張って行きましょう!
  Good luck with the rest of your day!
 
Not bad, if I don't say so myself.  (Pat on back!)

No comments:

Post a Comment