Thursday, September 26, 2013

I'm a Weakling Training Session 3

On Wednesday, I went for my third session of weight training.  In Japanese, we say kin-tore (筋トレ or muscle training).  Well, my muscles were not having it.  I think it was a combination of already sore muscles and tiredness, even though I got lots of sleep the night before.

He asked right away if I had been to the chiropractor again.  It was important to realign my hips and help my muscles for weight loss...or something like that.  Well, the basic idea seems to make sense.  We briefly talked how Japanese women gain weight in their stomach area, whereas western women (generalizing here) tend to gain on butt and thighs.  But he thinks that because I can lose weight well on my upper body, which is true, while I find it hard to lose weight on my lower body might be due to my hips, etc.  So we'll be going to practitioner for that on Friday.  Anyways,  we'll see how it goes.  I am slightly curious to see if it's going to pay.  Not forgetting that during our ''prime birthing years'', women tend to store fat on their hips to prepare for birthing.  (It's hard to fight nature.)

On to a weigh-in, my number was only slightly lower than last session.  But it was the evening and I had eaten before going.  I hope the number is lower next time!  :) Checking the scale this morning, I suspect it will decrease by then.

The muscle groups were chest, shoulders, glutes, and abs.   We always start with a warm-up with the barbell only.  That alone is like 20kg.  And then we do three sets with added weight, each time decreasing if it's impossible for me to lift.  I say this because as I tried to lift it.  It was pretty much impossible to get past five.  I needed my instructor's help.  Then he says just worry about form, not lifting.  Afterwards, he said that he thought I would be able to lift more than I could.  And that my goal was to bench-press 40kg.  Okay...got a few more weeks till then.  Wish me luck!
The shoulders were almost the same pattern.  He said that my frame was bigger, therefore I had more muscle/muscle capability.  I said maybe it was just fat!? (lol)  But he said no, I had potential.  I just needed to get back my strength and power.  Okay!

Squats next.  First, warm-ups and then, three, no four more sets with weights.  I wanted to cry it was so heavy.  At one point, I was shaking my head and ready to run away.  I felt like a baby.  And a total weakling!  But I could feel it in my glutes.  I did learn that if I was feeling a burn in the front of my legs, by readjusting my balance to my heels I would switch the focus to my butt.  Yay, that's what I am targeting!

Lastly, abs.  This time, we combined the crunches, sides, and leg pull-ups again, and added what is called lying butt bridges (I googled it).  You probably know what this is.  Laying on your back with your knees bent, lift your butt/hips in the air and squeeze your glutes.  They were easy enough.  But I was finding some pain/discomfort in my lower back during the side crunches and leg raises.  He said I should let the chiropractor know that.

So that ends my third session.  I felt defeated and tired.  I had a protein shake afterwards in the locker room, where I made friends with a fellow fighter.  She was also on her third session and she spoke English really well!  We talked for a while and exchanged contact info, so we could support each other and confide our complaints/hardships.  It really lifted up my spirits at the end of it all.

I went home and promptly went to bed.  Sleeping like a baby and drooling like one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment