Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hidden Meaning and a Birthday on Day 12

Hey there!  Hope you had a good day!

All in all, mine turned out to be okay.  Well, it started out slow, got even slower, and ended on a high note.  :)  First off, before I had even woke up...I had been dreaming of cockroaches.  Not just normal cockroaches.  Cockroaches in all different sizes, including giant ones.  And they were all in my humongous clear bag of protein powder.  All I could do was scream at them ''Get out of my protein powder!!!''  Yet did not listen.  Because it was a dream.  And my protein is in a silver foil bag attached with a ziploc.  Whatever, not a great start.  So  either I needed to wake up and get protein after my training the night before.  Or the cockroaches were meant to be obstacles that were trying to prevent me from achieving my goal and slow me down on my journey.  I hate cockroaches.

So anyways, today I have a lot photos and things to say (I'll try to keep it short)...  just read on to see.

Breakfast:  Tofu with dried salmon flakes, a boiled egg, cucumber and konbu, and a plain yogurt.  I also had protein powder (necessary and cockroach-free), water (also necessary), and coffee (very necessary).


Lunch:  So this looks a lot smaller than when I made it this morning.  And trust me, that is exactly what I thought when I opened my lunch to eat it too.  Did it shrink or something?  Anyways.  I cooked some chicken breast in a little bit of soya sauce and water.  Then I also blanched my pepper and mushrooms.  I put them on some mizuna.  It was good, because I love vegetables, thankfully.  I also took some mix for a mug of miso soup (in my container I added dashi, miso, and dried wakame).  Wakame is my new best friend.  ;)  The other mug in this pic is, of course, coffee.  
Oh, I didn't mention it, but I so hungry before lunch.  And starting to get a headache.  I thought it was because we were listening to children's music at a volume way to loud...especially since there were no children present.  Or because they were all varying Halloween songs.  (And I enjoy Halloween)  Then I thought it was because it was too hot.  And then, I remembered I started to feel this way on Monday.  Like I was really really hungry, really thirsty, or really tired all at once.  I now think this is what it feels like after lots of strenuous training. 

Anyways, I decided to leave early and prepare for the evening.  It was Hideki's birthday and I was so excited to make some yummy, healthy, mind you, dinner and buy cake (for him).  Here is the picture of me carrying the yummy, delicious cake with excitement and anticipation.  I was terrified I was going to trip, be bumped, or drop the cake and it would turn to mush.  But, alas, I made it home safely.  All the meanwhile, I was thinking I should have picked it up after going grocery shopping, but oh well.    

This morning I had asked my trainer what kind of steak would be a healthy choice, if at all.  I thought it would be okay if I picked the right one.  If not, I could always grill chicken or fish for myself.  Hideki loves steak, if I didn't mention already.  So in the end, without a reply from my trainer, I checked the net, and I think I saw sirlion steak isn't bad, so that is what I went with.  Just to let you know, Japanese sirlion versus imported sirloin is completely different.  Japanese sirloin is laced, shall I say, with fat throughout.  It is, in fact, considered yummier to have more fat on your meat.  Suffice to say, I went with a nice-looking Australian imported pack of 2.  Yes, two.  I decided to eat the steak.  Or at least half of one.  

After getting home, I was so hungry and slightly headachey.  Since I would be eating steak, I skipped a protein shake and just had a piece of cheese.  That really satisfied my desire to have something.  I also made myself a cup of ginger and lemongrass tea (the last bag) and I felt much more relaxed.  I knew I could only take a few moments to myself before I started preparation for dinner.  Plus I was also doing laundry and dishes.
While I was cleaning up, I saw that my ivy plant had died.  Like super dead died.  The poor thing hadn't received water.  It's hard to kill ivy, if you didn't already know.  And on top of the soil coming up from the pot were little mushrooms.  Isn't that incredibly wierd?  I didn't even dream this.  I decided to throw it out.  But I thought did this mean I would fail at following through with something, aka my diet/training regime.  Or did getting rid of it and the mushrooms have to do with shredding the old and making way for the new??  Already my day was so much more meaningful.... or I am just over analyzing.  

I forgot the first thing I actually did when I got home was marinate the steaks.  Hideki's was put in rubbed in garlic and sprinkled with salt and pepper and soaked in soya sauce.  The other one had garlic, salt and pepper, and a tiny bit of soya sauce.  You guess which one I would be eating half of?  Can you see the price of these two steaks?  Just over 1000 yen for two big steaks, not bad, I think.

I also picked up this big bag of sasami (white chicken meat) and it was so cheap!  There are seven pieces of ささみ in it for less than 300 yen.  I like shopping at OK! (the supermarket).

Then I took pictures of me while cooking.  I call myself, Glam Cook.  My mom gave me this apron.  And I like it.  



Now, here is where we start the game of who ate it.  

The first dish:  mushroom soup (Campbell's)?
Hideki ate it!  Not me.  

Next dish:  the Main Entree 
A)  Steak, potatoes, onion, mushrooms, broccoli

B) Steak, mushrooms, onion, broccoli
If you haven't already figured it out...I ate A and Hideki ate B.  Just kidding!  

And for dessert, strawberry mont blanc cheesecake?
Since it was Hideki's birthday, I let him have this one.  ;)

I had mikan kanten jelly and coffee, instead.  It was quite good. 

Oh, and I almost forgot to give him his present.  I got him a new man bag.  And he loved it!  Just what he wanted he said.  :)  And I felt really really good.  Great birthday at home achieved.   Apart from the present, I only spent 1500 yen on the steaks and cake too.  (Eating at home and being healthy really pays off.) 

Now just to see if I made the right choices for my meal.  But I think I did a good job.  I didn't go crazy, eat a whole steak, or even a bit of birthday cake.  Whatever he would say was fine by me.

Update:  
ステーキは問題ないですよ。毎回は脂質の問題で難しいですが、一回くらいなら問題はないです!
脂身を除くのもいい事ですね。
There's nothing wrong with havin steak.  If you ate it everyday, you would have high fat intake, but once in a while, it's okay.  
It's good to trim the fat, too!
デザートも寒天ゼリーで済ましてますし、問題ないですね。
There was no problem having kanten jelly for dessert, either.  
お酒は大丈夫でした?
You didn't have alcohol?  (I didn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment