Sunday, September 22, 2013

Muscle Training Day One - 9月17日

I was so very nervous, but ever so excited to get my training started.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to lift super heavy weights like the threatened me with.  

I was pleased to see two big bottles of water in the room (650ml ones).  I love water and drink it all the time!!  Plus, I would be needing it with all the sweating and working out I would do.  :)  

First up:  Chest/shoulder exercises.  I got to watch my trainer before my turn.  Lay down on the bench and push up 20kg and then 30kg.  Oh my god, I thought I would die.  I am so glad I have a trainer who can ''spot'' me (or help pull it up into the air).  I don't think I could do it without him.  Praying it gets easier!  Everything was to be done in 3 sets with about 15 repetitions, sometimes he would throw in one more...for fun (for him, I think).  Then we moved on to the incline bench and did dumbell presses.  He upped the angle and we did incline flys.  (I googled the names of chest exercises, because one:  our sessions are in Japanese, and two:  I don't know the names.)  Then we did a standing exercise, called lateral raises.  Which was the easiest part of today's session.  The hardest part though is the form.  I am still getting the hang of it.  But at least I can smile at my trainer's gorilla stance.  :)

Next:  Squats.  Not just squats.  Squats with a barbell and then weights.  Yikes!!  Everyone hates squats. I despise them.  But I know they should be my best friend, since they are the one thing that will help me lose my ass.  (What more can I say?)  I don't want to say much more on this... (we don't have a good relationship yet).

Last:  Abs.  Down to the mat.  Regular crunches, then to the left side, then the right side.  Repeat times three.  Points to remember:  Look at your stomach, Shoulders slightly off the ground, and Bring your arms up towards the bottom part of your upper thigh when doing obliques.  After that, he wanted me to do leg raises, straight legs from the ground up into the air (okay, I guessed they are called leg raises, lol - as I check the name just now).  But that didn't seem possible, so we switched to leg tucks.  They are actually okay for me.  

Afterwards, I was full of energy and felt like a million bucks.  Awesome first training day.  :)  

お疲れ様でした。Otsukaresamadeshita.  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment