Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mochi Spaghetti

Did you know that like most other countries, Japanese love spaghetti?  It's true.  They love fresh spaghetti and, in fact, tend to use the word mochi when describing it's delicious texture.  Mochi means soft and chewy and can be applied to not only rice cakes,  but crackers, and any type of food, including pasta.
So on Monday, Hideki surprised me when calling me while I was in Yokohama and asking me to go to lunch.  Yay!  Lunch date!  We went to もちスパ (Mochi Spa - short for Spaghetti).  It was oh so delicious! Went to heaven and heard the angels talk of it's deliciousness also.  If you ever get the chance, please visit here too!  It's to die for!
Me - In Front of もちスパ

 Hide's Order - Included Egg, Bacon, and Parmsan Cheese

My Order - Included Toasted Potato Salad and Creamy Tomato Sauce

Both were scrumptious.  Hide choose the pasta made with tomato and I went with the regular kind, since my sauce was tomato.  We tried each other's dishes, because it's like totally the date thing to do (plus the way to live at home) and it was a lot of pasta for myself, and everything including the sauce was gone.  The noodles themselves were as every bit mochiri as promised.  すごく美味しかったです。 (SugokuOishikattadesu - It was really yummy!)    

Afterwards we went for coffee.  All the places were pretty full, so went ended up going to:

Hideki asked me what this meant...I explained how pour and over worked...and wasn't totally sure you should say pour over...instead of pour into.  Oh well, it was unique.  

 We both got caramel lattes.  It came to 1050...which is more than Starbucks!  Only Starbucks was pretty full when we went there before coming here.  But the lattes were good and the atmosphere, as well as furniture, was very nice.

All said and done, a great lunch date with my fav guy!  Till next time!  Mata ne!

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear you had lunch date!! How sweet Hide is!! I learned new word today "scrumptious" Love your hairstyle and you look good on jeans too!!
    Mariko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you, Mariko. It is nice to go out. And dress casually. Glad you learned a new word!

    ReplyDelete