Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dieting Adventures - Day Four

Today went okay! I ate some different foods and some same foods. I was hungry at the exact same times I usually get hungry. I thought a couple of times about what I would eat for a snack but remembered I would be allowed a piece of cheese instead of cookies and chocolate that are in the kitchen at work. I wasnt dying or feeling like it and meals were actually quite filling. So a successful day, I might say, though it is still day four.

Breakfast: I made this on Monday, cabbage, pepper, bean sprouts, a can of tuna, a beaten egg, and soya sauce mixed together and cooked in the rice cooker. It's good and you can vary it. I ate half of that (shown in the picture below).  I added some lightly pickled cucumber (浅漬け) and a boiled egg.
I also made miso soup with 50g of protein, wakame (seaweed), and nameko mushrooms.  And I had plain yogurt.  It was yummy and filling!

I have been trying to make my lunches the night before.  It's helped a lot.  I made this for lunch:  mushroom, chicken, spinach and yellow pepper.  I followed my trainer's recommendation to add a little bit of shoyu to some water and boil the chicken in it.  I also followed by doing the mushrooms and pepper too.  It wasn't bad.  My side dishes were natto (fermented soya beans) and okara (I added a bit of spinach, a tiny bit of carrot, soya sauce, and spices). 

My snack was a tiny piece of Gouda cheese.  And it was oh, so good! 

 After a training day, I am supposed to get lots of protein.  I'm not sure if I got enough, but I tried.  And it was only the first session.  I bought Savas Weight Down Protein Powder (as recommended by my trainer).  This I had as soon as I got home.  


Dinner:  Miso soup (like breakfast), more cabbage dish (like this morning), salad (grilled chicken, mushrooms, misuna). 


When I went to Canada in July, I bought a couple backs of diet jello.  It has almost no calories and has no carbs, no fat - and tastes good!  I made the lemon one.  I had the serving size which is 5 calories.  Even Hideki liked it!

I was confused about yogurt.  Instead of non-fat, I am supposed to eat no sugar added yogurt.  I came to the realization that it probably means plain yogurt, which I have been eating all along up before my diet.  Sent a message to ask my trainer. 

Hideki's eating healthy too!  Here's his dinner - Mickey-inspired. 


Update:  
 お食事、少し量が多い気がしますが、経過を見ましょう。
Your meals seem a bit bit, but lets wait to see some results.
パプリカ気をつけて下さいね。
Please be careful of yellow or red pepper.
ジェローに関しては大丈夫でしょう!
(Diet) Jello is no problem!
プレーンヨーグルトは無糖ヨーグルトです。
...量に気を付ける必要がありますね。
Plain yogurt is the same as no sugar added yogurt.  (As I asked him.)  
You just need to be careful of the amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment