Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day Eight

Today was my second day of training.  So I knew I would need a lot of protein today.  But still remembering ''Simple is best''.  

For breakfast, I had four shrimps, 150g of tofu with shake-bushi (鮭ぶし - dried salmon flakes), 3 sticks of asparagus, and a plain yogurt.  It was yummy.  Hideki was still hungry, he said.  Oh well, he could have anything he liked for lunch.  I had to look out for me.  And he also got yuzu jam on his yogurt, just to let you know.  :(  I miss fruit on my yogurt.  

I didn't have time for lunch, and as I woke up late and ate breakfast at 10, I knew I would not be so hungry before I left for training.  So I made a protein shake.  I found a really yummy recipe with cocoa powder and almond milk with protein powder.  But I wasn't dare going to use cocoa powder without asking and I asked about the almond milk in the session.  But I sent him the nutrional information to check out and am still waiting to hear back on that.  Fingers crossed.

Went to training, then had another protein shake afterwards.  It's important to get your protein and refuel they say.  I'm glad it's kind of vanilla-tasting. 

Afterwards, I met Hideki and we went shopping.  I was starting to get hungry, so I had four almonds in the car.  Yes, count them, FOUR!  Man, that filled me up (actually it did!)  I gave Hideki five. :)    

So for dinner, I knew Hideki was gonna have beef because I had removed it from the freezer to defrost earlier.  When we went shopping, I decided to get some beef shoulder roast.  Then package was 158g.  Even though were are not supposed to count calories.  There is a lot of calories in beef, so I only had about 100g and saved about 50g (it came in three equal-looking slices, so I didn't feel the need to weigh it).  I also cooked some yummy mushrooms (portion controlled) and salad with lettuce, brocolli, green pepper, and sprouts.  I hope that today's meals weren't a set-back.  I am trying to think about this.  I thought my salad might be a bit big-sized, but I thought...it's salad.  

As always, fingers crossed!

Update:  
お食事は特に問題なさそうです。
There are no problems with your meals.
アーモンドミルクやパウダー、もし糖質が0、1なら問題ないでしょう!
1や2だったら気をつけてください。
If almond milk or powder has only 0.1 g of sugar in it, then there is no problem, right?
But if it's 1 or 2 grams, then be careful!

...彼氏さんに負けないように、頑張って下さいね!!!
Don't let your boyfriend do better than you! 
(I told him Hideki had already lost three kilos). 

Good to know.  I might order the almond milk next time or when I want to make yummy shakes for a nice snack.  :)  
And I will definitely be doing better than Hide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment