Sunday, September 22, 2013

Back on Track Day Seven

Today, I feel back on track.  I actually got a mail this morning, around 9am.  He gave me good feedback.  ''Simple is best.''  (See here.) So I am continuing with that principle.

Breakfast, maguro remainder from last night.  Miso soup - fresh this morning, with nameko, wakame, and mizuna.  And green beans.  I was worried about the sugar content since I didn't know the numbers, but figured if I just had it for breakfast only I would be okay.  

Lunch was hot miso soup (I made enough for breakfast and lunch) in my handy thermos.  So happy the weather is getting cooler.  If it was summer, I couldn't have miso soup and nabe etc. when it's still sweating weather!  Okay, back to meals now...  I cooked some shrimp with some chipotle seasoning.  And eringi (king oyster) and maitake mushrooms.  Mushrooms are so good and healthy.  Great immune booster and fruit of fall!

Snack today was dried fish snacks (yummy!) and kuki-wakame.  

I had a class to teach that evening, so I made a salad for dinner.  Mizuna、kaiware (white radish sprouts), and roasted chicken breast.  Non-oil dressing on the side.  And mozuku.  

That evening at class, my students brought treats, as quite often they do.  It was a bit sad to turn down chocolate from Germany and Belgium caramel filled waffles and Japanese sweets.  But, it was for a good reason, so I didn't really want to eat them.  I didn't announce it.  My friend Takako knows I am on a strict diet.  And I also mentioned to Kazu too.  So I gave him the extra chocolate and waffles to take home to his family (secretly without showing anyone, cuz I felt bad about giving them away).  I am learning some good eating habits now though.  And I am very thankful for my strong strength of will.  I even took two chocolates home to Hideki to eat and he was so proud that I turned them down and refused to eat anything.  

Update:  Trainer said my meals were fine!  No problem!  He reiterated ''Simple is best''.  And even told me another student ate super simple meals (showing me pictures) and said she had lots 17 kg.  Wow!  Some nice food for thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment