Saturday, September 28, 2013

Homemade Soup on Day 14

Yay, woo hoo!  Celebrate!  My tummy is looking much skinnier now. :)  (Though I am still not ready to show you yet.)  I ended my last blog like this, but it's true again today.  I have a good feeling...that my weighing tomorrow is going to rock.  (No need to cross your fingers...)

My (upper) butt is feeling so sore, guys.  He really did a number on me.  I noticed during bath time that I actually have a bruise on my upper left cheek.  So, maybe I will tell him to ease up a little next time.  There is still a lot of fat there, so maybe he didn't realize how hard he was going??  

Anyhoo, on to breakfast.  Nothing special.  Leftover maguro.  Plain yogurt.  Baby leaf salad with cucumber and broccoli.  And non-fat sesame dressing.  Yum!    

Lunch was nice and spicy.  I made the moyashi and sasami (bean sprouts and white chicken meat) dish again with tobanjan, ra-yu, sesame, garlic, and soya sauce.  It was so good, cuz I put a lot of ra-yu in it.  ラー油 (ra-yu is like Chinese oil that we use for gyoza sauce with vinegar and soya sauce...but it's good for cooking too).  And I had hot miso soup leftover from last night.  I love my thermos and it's great for fall!

I was still hungry after lunch, to be honest.  I think I am getting into my tired/eating phase.  I was so tempted to buy anything unhealthy today...or even something not so unhealthy but not on my eating list.  Dark chocolate...which went higher in cacao percentages...70%, 85%, and even 99%.  Bread, cake, cream-filled grain cracker sandwiches, dark chocolate covered raspberries, sweet bean dessert.  But I resisted.  Instead, I did buy a Pepsi Nex.  Zero calories, zero sugar, zero carbs.  I don't care what they make it with.  All I know is that is what kept me from eating something I didn't want to need to.

And then, my real snack was 5 almonds.  And a few tiny pieces of dried squid.  And that satisfied me until I got home for dinner.

I have been wanting to make a soup for dinner with chicken.  But it called for flour, starch, potatoes, and mixed vegetables.  I decided to make it anyways.  I just substituted the ingredients and omitted others.  I also made only one serving.  You can see how I cut up 1 piece of sasami, a tiny bit of onion, snap peas, mushrooms and spinach.  First, I put about 70ml of water in the pot.  I added my bouillon cube (which probably made it a little more salty than I needed, but if it were for two people, no problem) and let it dissolve.  Then I added the onion and chicken.  Stirred it a bit while it cooked.  Added the snap peas and mushrooms.  And after that, spinach.  My liquid was getting low, so I added about 150ml of milk.  My spices that I had on hand were garlic powder, pepper, salt, and basil.  It was the best soup I've ever made (on my diet).  Really, it was super good.  I was so proud I could still make it in my diet.  The only thing I worried about was the milk, but I didn't use more than a cup and it was fat-free.  I also had some baby leaf and broccoli with a tiny bit of cottage cheese.  

So I guess I was worried if that was too much dairy in one meal and the last meal before bed.  I felt so satisfied with the meal that, once again, I can say it doesn't matter.  I didn't cheat on my diet.  I ate the right things.  And I still feel skinnier!  I do feel other parts getting smaller too.  Tomorrow is my next session and I will be measured and the results compared with my initial ones.  Looking forward to it!!

Update: 
シェリーさん本当に料理好きなんですね。
糖質として、目立つのはヨーグルトと朝のサラダにかかっているドレッシングだけですね。
Sherri, you really like cooking!
In regards to sugar, I only see yogurt and the dressing you put on your salad.
でもヨーグルトは量しっかり調節してるし、ドレッシングもシェリーさんの事だからノンオイルのしっかりしたやつだと思いますのでOK。
But you are regulating (the amount of) yogurt you have, and, because it's you, I know you are only using non-oil dressing so it's okay.  
たんぱく質がささみ以外に目立った物がないので、別の何かを入れるか、プロテイン飲むようにすると良いですね。
I don't see anything othere than chicken, so try adding something, or better off, drink protein, in addition.  (My trainer says I should be taking in a bit more protein than I am.)

No comments:

Post a Comment