Friday, October 4, 2013

Truckin On Day 20

 After waking up from my 10-hour sleep... I felt well-rested but still a little off, especially my tummy.  But nothing else to do.  Gotta keep on truckin! 
 
I didn't have a huge appetite, or any, really... but I had to eat something.  So I made an omelette with chopped up green pepper, broccoli, and onion.  In the center I added about 45g of cottage cheese.  I really enjoy omelettes, especially with the cottage cheese.  It's lighter than with regular cheese.  I do still miss my ketchup companion though.  :)  Also had a cup of non-fat milk. 
 
For lunch, I didn't have any fish left, so I packed some tofu and cut up some veggies (broccoli, erengi, shishito) to be steamed later.  And at the store, I bought a pre-cooked salmon filet.  It was good and chock full of protein.  I needed to have lots of protein because breakfast was pretty low.   
 
My kiddies took some cute pics with me at the lunch table.  :)
 
My trainer suggested taking アミノ酸 or amino acids to help relieve some tiredness.  And he also said having chicken was good to that too.  So I picked up some from the drugstore and I actually got some energy back for my class.  Yay!  Had some walnut and squid before class. 
 
After work, I went to the chiropractor to work on my hip adjustment etc. and got my muscles worked on.  Boy, did that feel great.  I had noticed my hips seemed a bit off and thought that might be a big problem.  I didn't say anything about that the first time, so this time they had me lie on a table that moved up and down with ka-chunk, ka-chunk.  It didn't hurt or was shocking...just kinda strange.  LOL.  But if that helped adjust the hips and shoulders, okay.  Did I mention that I had a female practitioner today.  She was good.  Talked only when needed and was very into doing her job.  I could relax and enjoy and she was firm and did different things for me.  Very attentive, too, saying things too ''Oh, you must be really sore here'' and working more on the area.  I think I want her again.  It's funny how I didn't even do squats on Wednesday, but my butts and legs have so much tenderness still.  It felt like she was stabbing me in the butt as she worked the area (same as last time), but this time I told her to be a little softer and she was. 
 
When I got home, surprise awaited... My good friend from Hokkaido sent me some happy mail!!  What a sweetie!!  Thank you, thank you!  Check out the cute polar bear goodies and snackies she said were good for dieting. :) 
I picked up some ground chicken to make some chicken balls for soup tonight.  To that, I added a big clove of garlic, Mrs. Dash garlic and herb, salt and pepper, and some curry powder.  I also cut up some erengi, shishito, maitake, celery, and spinach.  I added this all to a consomme base.  It was so delicious and really filled me up.  Nothing better than hot soup!  It was full of garlic and mushrooms, good for our immune systems, and green veggies for nutrients and fiber, plus the chicken to help with tiredness as suggested.  I had a nice hot bath afterward and felt amazing!  Crawled in bed and enjoyed a nice warm sleep.  Nitey-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment