Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hot Soup and a Haircut Day 17

Hi, everyone! I woke up this morning with a slightly sore back, but trudged on after doing some stretches in bed.

Breakfast today was tofu and salmon flakes with broccoli, natto, and yogurt.  I miss putting つゆ on my tofu.  :(  Or something other than soya sauce.  Or natto WITH rice (though not rice, per say).

I was killing for time, so I just washed some baby leaf, cut some veggies (snap peas, celery, and green pepper), and threw on ささみフレーク (white chicken meat), 25g of beans, and 6g of walnuts.  Put some non-oil dressing in a small container and I was ready to go.  

Mid-afternoon snack:  
Oh, and I also bought some Red Zinger tea that I made and drank with my coworker.  

My ends have been so damaged and dead lately, I knew they needed some chopping. Went to the hairdresser and got a bit taken off.  Actually I was surprised I could keep some length still.  Thought I would need to get a bob.  Love it!  Oh, new place called Earth behind Terrace Mall in Tsujido, in case you are wondering.  They have 237 salons across Japan.  It was very natural and relaxing.  And I got a store opening, first timer discount.  Yay!  

So today I knew I had to cook shrimp and I thought, oh, let's make soup.  I usually just do cajun-style shrimp.  But since I did cajun-style chicken yesterday, thought I would mix it up.  So I got an idea online of making an egg soup.  First, I made a consomme base. Added 83g of shrimp, and a whole bunch of veggies (snap peas, pepper, mushroom, bean sprouts, shun-giku, asparagus).  Don't forget ginger!  Then slowly poured the beaten egg on it.  Yum!  ( I like yummy!)  For another word, think deliciously healthy.  If you are a shrimp lover, I highly recommend this one.  
Also drank some protein to round out my amount.  Counting protein is only slightly less difficult than counting calories.  The numbers are a lot smaller, but it's still way confusing.  Hoping I got it right!  But must trust my instincts.  

Okay, the day is out.  Think I have caught up on my blogging.  And I am off to bedfordshire....Nitey-nite!  

No comments:

Post a Comment