Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Latte Cheat Day 23

I love my recovery days.  I love then even better when it's not sweaty and hot!  Last week was like that, and so was this week.  Hoping next week is better. 
 
So I woke up wondering as I do lately what shall I eat.  I am starting to do a little bored with the same food, if you haven't guessed.  (Trying to use new spices is my way to beat that...)  So I decided to make chicken flakes with green pepper and celery.  I used some sesame oil and sesame seeds with a bit of soya sauce.  That tastes so good!  Had my usual plain yogurt, just from the pack today.  And some leftover miso soup. 
 
Mid-morning I drank a protein shake too.  But my morning was spent doing laundry and hanging our futons and blankets outside.  We have to air them, since we have a tatami mat-bedroom.  I need to vaccuum the mats so it's clean and fresh.  Since it was hot and sweaty, that's how I got doing this.  Also did some other chores, like dishes and the bathtub.  (Did the toilet and sink last night.)  I also did some filming for MyJapanLifestyle, which has yet to be edited.  Then, it was time to relax! 
 
For lunch, it was too hot to make a nabe (hot pot) like was I going to.  So I just cooked some cod on the grill with a bit of yuzu-ponsu (I don't think I should be using this, but it was only a tiny bit).  I put this on some steamed spinach and bean sprouts.  Then I added a bit more yuzu ponsu (naughty me).  I also had a bit of leftover curry scallop and veggies from yesterday.   
 
I decided to be a cheater yesterday.  Oh yes, I cheated.   A lot, too.  Not only with the ponsu.  I really wanted a pumpkin spice latte.  But I can't use pumpkin puree, because pumpkin is chock full of sugar and carbs.  :(  Anyways, I searched Pinterest for a nice puree-free recipe and found one.  This includes coffee, pumpkin spice, milk, and maple syrup (which I am definitely not allowed to have).  Well, I went ahead and had it!  To add to that.  We were out of non-fat milk.  So I used low-fat milk.  Can't win em all, right?  Hoping that will keep my pumpkin spice latte craving at bay for a while.
 
 
Mid-afternoon snack was a boiled egg and dried fish with dried seaweed.  :)   
 
Then, before dinner, my huge cravings started to kick in.  This all has something to do with PMS (for your information).  So more cheating involves:  cottage cheese (about 50g), cheese (two tiny squares), kanten jelly (doesn't count as a cheat since zero carbs and sugar), and the mother of all my cheats - Carmelized Biscuit Spread.  Two spoonfuls, too!  (Pick up your jaw now...)  I was hoping to keep that a secret, but alas,   I am trying to be honest here.  If not for anyone, but myself...it needs to be documented.  This is almost like eating cookies.  It is that good too!  I hope hope hope that is the last time.  Throughout this feeding frenzy...I managed to eat some curry soup with more cod,  Chinese cabbage, and shiitake mushrooms.  I also tried to drink a ton of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration.  (I think I had a bit of that last week.) 
 
Ended my night with some chick flicks, started with dinner.  Posted this pic on Instagram and Facebook.  I asked Left or Right?  I had a split decision.  I actually went for 27 dresses first and Monster-in-Law second.  I had enough time for both, yay!  And I slept okay after Hideki got home.  Although it was a very warm evening...   
 
I pray for strength tomorrow....  LOL.   

No comments:

Post a Comment