Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's supposed to snow today and I've never used my oven before, so I decided to make a cake for my boyfriend last night.  This cake involved beating the egg with a mixer until it was fluffy and adding real chocolate that you melted first.  I made cocoa whipped cream for the topping and added strawberries and powdered sugar (you couldn't see it much, but it was visible on the strawberries and the plate).  It was so delicious.  I was happy with one piece.  It was so rich.  I asked Hideki how much he wanted to eat and he said half...the cake.  But it was a small cake ;) .  So after two pieces, I said he could have the third piece too.  Because I made it for him and he loved it so much. 


I made a card for him before I went to bed.  I left it out with a box of chocolates.   Because I know if he woke up and saw them, he couldn't go to work without eating at least one.  So when I woke up and saw he had opened them, I was surprised.  I was however surprised that the lady at the store gave me the wrong box!  :(  It was supposed to be a lovely assorted box of bears.  Instead it was more traditional squares etc.  How disappointing!  I am tempted to go back to the store, but since he ate one (which was totally fine)...I am teetering between blowing it off and buying another box, like the original I intended to purchase.  I was very clear at the store.  Just goes to show, always confirm your purchases! 

Wishing you all a lovely day with whoever you spend it with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment