Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy 2015!! **2014 IN PICTURES**

After a long hiatus, I am back with a post for the new year!  Where did that time go?

Sadly, I was unable to keep up with blogging in 2014, in addition to uploading to my Youtube channel for much of the year.  Although I did my best to make up for it by vlogging everyday till Christmas (see my Vlogmas 2014 playlist).

I am not making any New Year's resolutions that I may or may not be able to fulfill, other than a general one - to stick more to a schedule.  I am doing my best to vlog more regularly with a set schedule.  So far, I've done a whole series on my Lucky Bags from New Year's day (福袋).  And I am managing to upload Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays (daily vlogging, feature, and Japanese, respectively).  I will do my best to get them out on time for your viewing pleasure.  I appreciate all the feedback from everyone - it really motivates me to keep going (despite that one person who likes to give me a thumbs down on every single one of my videos - I refuse to mention this at all on camera because I feel it will give them the attention they are looking for).

For now, here is a look of my 2014 in pictures.

January - Asagiri Kogen

February - It snowed and made me so happy!
 
Seriously, look at all the white stuff!
 
March - Went to Ikea for the first time. 
The mini cupcakes were super cute
(but the frosting was meh).

April - Fujizakura Matsuri


Double Fuji! (Can you see it?)
 
May - Frozen finally showed in Japan
(and was called Anna and the Snow Queen).
 
Did you notice I turned blond?

Yes, I was in love with Frozen (and kinda still am...).


June - We went to Kamakura, my fav place!


July - The Star Festival decorations at the station
(the Japanese version of Xmas trees) 
 
I decided I liked to wear dresses!!

 
Hideki bought me the Frozen DVD
(and we watched it together for his first time).

 
 August - I tried to go darker...
but it ended going back to blond.


September - Met Friends in Ginza and had the
cutest mame-zushi ever!

October - I bought a baby pumpkin from Costco to carve!
 
 Krispy Kreme spooky doughnuts from a student.
(More cute than tasty, though.)

 
I made Sanma (Pacific saury) for the first
- I took out the insides and everything!
 
 I got two costumes for Halloween.

 Hideki had a birthday and I made a pumpkin tart!

 We had a my first BBQ here with friends.

Of course, we had marshmallows! :)
 
 Fell in love with green smoothies!


 I did all my nails in minions for the Halloween party!

 And I carved my pumpkin!
 
 November - I was ready for fall! 
Bought my first Ugg look-alikes.

Yay, DECEMBER - VLOGMAS (vlogging everyday till XMAS)

The first day of December marked a trip
to Starbucks to have a long awaited gingerbread
latte (bought this tumbler for myself too).

We went to Disneyland (and I vlogged)!

Mom came and we had a blast (twinsies-style)!
 
 Christmas Bento!!
(I think this is my best bento creation ever!!)
 
It was my birthday on the 20th.
(I made a good wish.)
 

May 2015 be even better!!    Luck is definitely in my court.  But it is my drive that will take me places.  (^_~)v

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment